RE: STAAD or RISA?

Dave wrote:

For Gerard, please don't generalize on what "American" engineers think or don't think. I worked for the USACE (who by the way standardize on STAAD.Pro) and I know comments like that gets everybody into trouble.

Dave, I thought I was clear that I knew I was generalizing …. If you didn’t like the generalization – oh well. I will continue this practice when I feel it is the truth and appropriate. Just because something is standardized on some product, doesn’t make it the best, regardless if it’s military guys doing it. They also use 1000 dollar hammers.

Thanks.

-Gerard