RE: EJCDC Documents (OR: What's The Point Of Even Joining ASCE?)

So, $500 for a handful of MS WORD files is a fair price to you?

With your attitude in mind, from here on out I intend to invoice the various
organizations in which I participate for each and every hour that I spend in
service to that organization.

After all, time is money, especially when you are an independent consultant,
and it takes TIME for my to drive to these meetings, sit and listen to the
speakers, participate in their committees, or phone conferences, etc.

So, as you say, the reality is that it takes MONEY to do those things, so
I'm obviously justified in charging for my time.