From: Dave Langhone [mailto:prcengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 1:23 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: STAAD or RISA?

I had to sign-up once James told me about this discussion. STAAD, baby! The flexibility you have in that program is amazing. It has the power of the free-form command file (unlike SAP or Strudl) and batch processing with great interface. You can do unlimited project sizes, multiple structures, vibrational analysis - can't in RISA. RISA is a nice program - but STAAD has the power and the user-interface. It is like a hybrid of the Incrdible Hulk and Wonder Woman (hee, hee!). We do a lot of multi-story parking structures - so I need the concrete design, master/slave and advanced plate elements - plate releases, pre-stressed loadings. The great thing is that I can make a change in so many ways - command file, Excel-like spreadsheets, graphically. We used to maintain a few packages but now have consolidated to STAAD.

Go Mariners!

Dave

PRCE

Do You Yahoo!?