Re: STAAD or RISA?

Our company used STAAD-III in the past and chose RISA because the maintenace for STAAD was almost the cost of RISA program. But it was a mistake. We do a lot of structural shoring and needed to inactivate parts of the structure at different phases of the construction. We like to do this in one run. What STAAD refers to as multiple analysis. We also do a lot of concrete design which was not available in RISA (at least not 1 year back) as well as design large mats. We could not model compression only supports in RISA. We also had to define the influence area and manually place the springs along the mat. STAAD can do this automatically. We like the interface of RISA, however. Their documentation was good, but their power was less.

Regards

-Thaddeus

Do You Yahoo!?