RE: F1554-55 anchor rods repair

>I assume that the AISC table for cold bending plate is for bending the
>material one time.  Is there, or should there, be a reduction since the
>anchors bolts will now be bent twice (first by the loader then second
>to straighten them out)??

If the bending was done back and forth in rapid succession, the tabulated values might not be enough to prevent cracking. However, if the bending operations were done with a lapse of time between them, the resulting aging of the bent steel is normally sufficient. This is akin to the shop cambering rule of thumb that an over-cambered beam in need of correction by bending in reverse should be set aside and pushed the other way a day later. Sometimes a mild heat in the 200-250 degree F range is applied to help the aging process.

Charlie