RE: Concrete (Slab on Grade) Curing

Andrew,

The worst cracking I have ever witnessed was on a cool autumn day.  The
problem was that the humidity was almost nothing.

The best cure is a wet cure, but it is more expensive.

A fog cure has some advantages because you can start the fog earlier, but if
it is windy you will need some screens.

Next on the list of favorites is the plastic.  I would suggest that the
surface be hosed down before the plastic is placed.

Lastly is the liquid membrane cure because it is not as effective.  The
advantage is it is the cheapest.  The problem is that you can get voids in
the coverage.  If you do use a liquid applied membrane, use 2 applications.
Have the surface sprayed in one direction at about half the rate of
coverage, then provide a second application 90 degrees to the first one.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague