Re: Fall Protection.

Tim,

        I was involved in this sort of thing a few months ago.  Our client was an "invention broker" sort of organization that helps inventors find financing to market their inventions and performs related services.  Essentially what happened was as follows.

1.)    Inventor developed the design.

2.)    We found every state/province has its own requirements; regulations are a significant nightmare.

3.)    We made a few modifications (almost redesigned it, in fact), primarily to accommodate connection requirements for the very high loading required.

4.)     Another engineering group was retained to review our work and criticize.  This was o.k. with us; they made some useful contributions.

5.)    Unknown to us the inventor tested this in the field and had the good fortune to prevent one serious fall and possible fatality.  (Or so he reported.)

6.)    The client (not the inventor) "pitched" it to various financial interests and found that no one with credible credentials to manufacture and market the device would touch it with a ten foot pole due to potential liability that could result from misuse.

7.)    The project died.  This was too bad because it seemed like a good idea.

        Hope you have better luck, Tim.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson