Re: Concrete (Slab on Grade) Curing

Harold ---

In my experience, the liquid curing compounds are never applied "per
manufacturer's directions".   An untrained workman makes one pass, then
returns all the remainder of the liquid to the original container.   When
you check the mfr's recommended spread rate, you will usually find that
it will take 3-5 passes to do a full application.   Contractors are
invariably miffed that anyone could be so anal, but when done with a full
application rate, they do work very well.  Ironically, it is still the
cheapest method.

The only potential drawback is if the materials are incompatible with the
final uses for the concrete surfaces.   I either specify, or request an
advanced submittal and do a careful review.

--- Russ