Spreadsheets, macros, programming, oh my!

I have been reading all these things about spreadsheets recently. I just got an Excel sheet from a colleague that had a "macro" in it. Unbenownst to me, the macro was the key to making this spreadsheet work. Once I figured this "trivial" part out, I tried to modify the macro to do what I wanted. I am writing this because I am still trying. Are most engineers fluent in writing these macro languages? I can record them, no problem. But are more and more people going to be writing mini programs? I would like to know because I want to know if I need to make a trip to Borders and pick up one of those "Programming for Dummies that Know How to Calculate Story Drifts But Don't Know How To Write a For Loop".

Dave

PRCE

Yahoo! - We Remember