Re: Why I Continue To Shell Out The Money (WAS: EJCDC Documents (OR: What's The Point Of Even Joining ASCE?))

David,

Hate to be a nit-picker (OK, you caught me...I really like it), but ASCE
is really a PROFESSIONAL organization not a technical one.  The primary
focus of ASCE is to promote and advance the profession of civil
engineering.  They also happen to be in the business of doing some
technical stuff, so you could claim that they are partly a technical
organization.

ACI is a pure technical organization.  PCI is a trade organization.  AISC
wears two hats by being both a trade and technical organization.  PCA is a
trade organization.  NSPE is a professional organization.  SEAOC (and all
the other SEAs) are all professional organizations (some of which still do
some very real technical stuff).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI