RE: NFPA 5000 - Why? And Where?

Bill,

	I would expect Louisiana to go to NFPA.  All new and renovated commercial
structures in the State are required to be submitted to the State Fire
Marshal's Office in Baton Rouge for review and approval prior to
construction.  The Fire Marshal uses the State adopted Southern Building
Code for construction, but uses NFPA for all life safety issues.  I have
talked with some local architects that attended the annual AIA meeting and
it has been stated that the State will eventually adopt the NFPA Building
Code.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.