RE: Masonry shear walls - Response Modification factor

The seismic provisions of ASCE 7-98 are based on FEMA 302.  FEMA 302 defines the various types of masonry shear walls and the requirements.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alden Manipula, E.I.T. [mailto:amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Masonry shear walls - Response Modification factor

In BOCA-99, table 1610.3.3, they have listed under "Loadbearing wall system" Reinforced masonry shear walls.  But under table 9.5.2.2 of ASCE-7-98 the have listed Special/Intermediate/Ordinary reinforce masonry shear walls.

Can anyone please explain, or tell me where to find the definitions for, Special/Intermediate/Ordinary reinforced masonry shear walls?