RE: Urgent PCA Survey on Rebar Names

Stan, Scott, and others:

ASTM is actually BEHIND others in suggesting this change.

Some state DOT's require that even on English plans, that
you call out bars as 14-#16BX @ 9" with a weight of 75 lbs.
You still use 5/8 as the nominal diameter, As = 0.31 in^2
and a weight of 1.043 lbs. per foot.  It does throw you for
a loop the first time you see it, but it's really not that
big of a change.

This has been going on for about 18 months now.  I'm somewhat
surprised that it hasn't moved further in this direction.