RE: STAAD or RISA?

All;

Thanks for all your help and opinions.

First of all, I'm not nearly as smart or as astute as Garard and Pankaj
think I am.

:o)

Even though the majority of comments were in favor of RISA, I've decided to
go with the STAAD upgrade - and to take their class - maybe I'll even learn
something. Who knows?

My decision was predicated on the fact that I'm familiar with the STAAD
format (yes, I do most of my model building using the text editor) and the
fact that I do not expect to spend much time with tech support - my models
are simple - if they're not, I've done something wrong :o).

When reading about the comments on the comparative features, it seemed that,
for the models I build, STAAD is well suited for my needs and there is
nothing that would compel me to change (and to learn the subtile nuances of
a new program).

FWIW, I have enjoyed copying the output files of STAAD and pasting them into
a MS Word document for formatting purposes. I did not want to give that up.

Once again, thanks for the opinions.

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)