RE: Urgent PCA Survey on Rebar Names

Why has no one ever suggested the OBVIOUS solution?

KEEP THE OLD DESIGNATIONS, WHETHER YOU'RE USING METRIC OR CUSTOMARY?

I mean look:

1) The "old" designation was simply a series of numbers, at least till you
got to #14 and #18 (which few outside the nuclear plant or dam-building
industry ever use, as far as I am aware).

It's just #3 through #11, in order. EASY to remember--and it has the added
attraction that most people know that system anyway.

2) That sequential system of numbers, although it has SOME relation to the
Customary unit measurement, is system-neutral otherwise.

I just don't get why the WHOLE UNIVERSE has to change just so we can look
like Europe--a frightening thought anyway.