Re: Why I Continue To Shell Out The Money (WAS: EJCDC Documents (OR: What's The Point Of Even Joining ASCE?))

David,

I would argue that you are gaining a tangible benefit from the
professional "side" of the organization since the health and disability
insurance is provided to help you in your profession of civil engineering
<grin>.

Now, if you do want to get a tangible benefit from the technical side of
the organization, then pay the extra money to get the Structural Journal
or may use of your publication discount to buy ASCE 7 or even become a
member of ASCE 7 since that is your right as an ASCE member (of course,
you then will spend time on your own dollar to do committee work and will
spend your own cash to attend the meetings).  <grin>

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI