Re: cast-in-place side walks/walk way/foot walk------ treatment of joints

One reason to seal the joints in an area where sand blows (such as at our
beach areas) is that at night when the concrete contracts the sand gets
in the joints. Then the next day when expansion occurs you can have
problems because there is no where for expansion to occur. In an extreme
case you can get joint heave with an accompanying explosion.

 Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

_______