Re: tapered steel beams

Mark,
Have you look at the ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering/Structural Divison or the ASME Applied Mechanics? Many research papers  opublished in these journals. If you looking for a specific design example, please see
"Design of Tapered members" by: G.C. Lee et al, Bulletin 173 Welding Research Council, june 1972. Also please see "The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures to BS5950" pages 249-250.
I hope this would help.
Himat

>>> shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net 09/11/02 12:31PM >>>
I am going to be designing a tapered steel beam to replace those damaged in a fire. I have been looking over Appendix F of AISC manual and this appears to be the necessary information along with Chapter F. I need some assurance from someone with experience in the design of tapered steel beams that I am looking at the correct source.

I have searched AISC website for information specific to tapered steel beams and have come up empty.

Charlie Carter.....are you out there today???

Thanks,

Mark