Re: Klez Virus

>Over the last week I have been inundated with attacks by the W32 Klez
>virus coming in from all sorts of sources.
The Klez virus causes transmission of copies of itself to addresses in
the infected computer's e-mail address book. Someone who has your address
(could be anyone) got infected and you're getting the e-mail as a result.
Don't do _anything_ with Klez virus enclosures except delete them without
delay. If you do a Google search on Klez, you can find out more about the
virus. It's particularly offensive, because ir changes titles of e-mails
and apparently goes after certain protection schemes in anti-virus
software.

One of the benefits of using an old e-mail client on a Mac is double
immunity from the virus itself, but I still get Klez transmissions from
infected Wintel iron.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw