Combined Shear and Tension on A449 Bolts

I am interested in combined tension and shear stresses for Grade 5 and Grade 8 bolts.  I think that the Grade 5 bolts are similar to A449 and the Grade 8 are A354 Grade BD.  For A449 bolts, Table J.3.3 of ASD 9th edition has a formula for calculating the allowable tensile stress in bolts greater than 1 1/2" diameter subject to shear.

If I have 3/4" Grade 5 bolts, should I just use fa/Fa + fv/Fv <1.0  using Fa = .33Fu and Fv = 0.17Fu?

Should this same approach be used for the Grade 8's.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates