Unreinforced concrete on metal pan deck.

I've got a (3) story, Class A office building with a 70' x 100' footprint that has your typical concrete over metal pan deck floor construction. (Seismic Zone 3 construction) The contractor requested, and was granted, a fiber mesh substitute in lieu of the WWF.  He then proceeded to use an incorrect, lower grade type of fiber mesh and now the concrete deck is cracking all to hell.  The building official wants me to sign off on this fiasco so I'm stuck with finding either 1) a mitigation solution. or  2) a way of justifying "semi-unreinforced" concrete on metal pan deck.

I've got Verco and the fibre mesh company trying to help me out on this one and I'm expecting some reports from them shortly.  Anybody out there have any additional thoughts, ideas of opinions?

Thanks.

Tim Spengler PE,SE