Re: Design ground accelerations

Good point, but I have a feeling the client does not realize what the cost of
construction will be.  If they are anything like my clients, they want cost to
be kept at a minimum.  Therefore I would approach the client.... and tell
them  what their soils engineer is requiring (how much over the code
minimum , etc...) and if they still insist on that higher design... go ahead
and give them what they want.  But if they don't want a heavy design...
have them put pressure on the soils engineer to remove the requirement
or get a new soils engineer for a 2nd opinion.

Verne