Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Design ground accelerations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Design ground accelerations
- From: VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:30:50 EDT
Good point, but I have a feeling the client does not realize what the cost of
construction will be. If they are anything like my clients, they want cost to
be kept at a minimum. Therefore I would approach the client.... and tell
them what their soils engineer is requiring (how much over the code
minimum , etc...) and if they still insist on that higher design... go ahead
and give them what they want. But if they don't want a heavy design...
have them put pressure on the soils engineer to remove the requirement
or get a new soils engineer for a 2nd opinion.
- Prev by Subject: Design Ground Accelerations
- Next by Subject: RE: Design ground accelerations
- Previous by thread: Design Ground Accelerations
- Next by thread: RE: Design ground accelerations