From: Effland, Greg [mailto:geeffland(--nospam--at)butlermfg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 11:09 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: metal stud framing in wet environment

What about the exposed area of the studs that is no longer covered by
galvanizing?  I would imagine that most studs are rolled/broke from hot
dipped galvanized plate/sheet or may be hot-dipped once cut to length and
formed... either way a field cut would exposed some non-protected steel...

Galvalume or some other alloy may be a different story but not sure how
available those other materials may be...

HTH,
Greg Effland, P.E.
KC, MO USA