Converting SAP to STAAD file

I have also posted this on www.eng-tips.com under st654

Anybody out there know of a translator that will take a SAP 2000 file and convert it into a STAAD file. I tried DXF, but that only has the geometry info. STAAD does not support CIS/2 so that is not an option. Has anybody written a translator of any type? Both use ASCII syntax so I am sure before all this CIS/2 somebody must have tried going back and forth. Writing one myself is also not an option as I am not capable of it.

Dave

PRCE

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines