Re: Contract Rates

> > From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]

> > I've been asked to go down and help with rebuild a chem plant on the
> > Texas Gulf coast that recently had a "whoopsie", and they want me to
> > sign on to contract through their outfit (you can't contract on your own
> > recognizance anymore, because of changes in tax law, etc.)

> From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com
>
> I'd say somewhere between $80 and $100/hr. assuming you don't have to pay
> for insurance.

I'm guessing that the prime may be getting the $80-$100 per head and
they'll expect the sub to accept somewhat less. If they're absorbing all
liabilities then you have some room to play and still come out ahead.

Depending on the length of the contract, don't forget to include O/T,
holiday premiums, away-from-home premiums, etc., in your calculations
... all those things that you forget about when you're working more
independently.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International