RE: A/E Design fees for federal projects

You have already received the reply regarding the Brooks Act and FAR, but it
is not an absolute.  I have done many projects where the design fee exceeded
the 6% of construction cost by a significant amount.  And it is allowed
under the law.  Consider doing a non-linear dynamic blast analysis of a
wall, and missile impact analysis.  Or an enhanced seismic performance
design for an essential structure.  The construction is fairly standard.
The analysis and design is not.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague