Re: Design ground accelerations

I think Mr. Sherman is right, as I mentioned before, the values given by the
Soils Engineer is probably the peak values on the seismic spectrum.  The
UBC reduces it by the ductility factor (R value).  It's been a while since my
school days but this is what I recall.  Also, ground frequency does not
necessarily translate directly to building frequency.

Verne