Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ACI 22.214.171.124[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: ACI 126.96.36.199
- From: "Bülent Deveci" <bulentdeveci(--nospam--at)turk.net>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:20:56 +0300
In ACI188.8.131.52 : Lap splices of flextural reinforcement shall be permitted only if
hoop or spiral reinforcement is provided over the lap length. Maximum spacing of the
transverse reinforcement enlosing the lapped bars shall not exceed d/4 or 4in. Lap
splices shall not be used (a)within the joints, (b)within a distance of twice the member
depth from the face of the joint, and (c) at locations where analysis indicates flextural
yielding caused by inelastic lateral displacement of the frame.
Let's consider a RC beam of a SMRF having dimensions of 600/800mm (23*31 in). My
question is about the lap splices of mounting bars which is located at the top face of the beam. (These bars also satifies section 184.108.40.206 of ACI) I have lapped these bars at the mid section of the beam. Note that there will never be negative moment at this section due to earthquake action. Shall I provide hoop reinforcement at the middle of the beam with 4in or d/4 intervals. If yes, why or is it crucial. Note again that, there will neither be negative nor positive bending moment due to cyclic loading except D+L moment which is always positive.
Any assistance would be appreciated
Bülent DEVECİ, SE
Internet'e Turk Nokta Net'in ISDN hizmeti ile bağlanın, hızınızı ikiye katlayın!
- Prev by Subject: RE: A/E Design fees for federal projects
- Next by Subject: ACI349 vs. ACI318
- Previous by thread: RE: Broken F1554 anchor rods
- Next by thread: Fu for Dual steel (A572Gr50/A36)