Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 21:00
Subject: Joists welded to supports

I'm currently working in a building expansion in an industrial plant. Due to safety reasons, field welds must be avoided as possible. The design includes roof joists and metal deck. Does anybody know if the joists can be attached to the supporting beams with bolts instead of field welds? I have never seen that before. Regards,

Javier Encinas, PE
Encinas Associates