RE: Earthwork specifications and the Geotechnical Engineer

FWIW, and I can't say how this shakes out legally, but I typically include a
note on my foundation plan, specifically referencing the soil report by
Geotechnical Firm Name, Report Number, and Date. Would this not make it a
part of the "contract documents"?