RE: Roof Deck Personnel loading

Steel Deck Institute Specifications require that decks be capable of
supporting a 200 pound concentrated load at mid-span with a maximum
deflection of l/240 for the maximum span listed in the "Recommended Maximum
Spans for Construction and Maintenance Loads Standard for 1 1/2" and 3"
Roof Deck".  That table is usually in catalogs of deck manufacturers.  I
assume they are distributing the load over the same area as ASCE 7 or IBC
2000 would.  If you are looking for more definitive information, I suggest
contacting a deck manufacturer or Steel Deck Institute.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.