RE: Roof Deck Personnel loading

Ron,

I am not sure which SDI you are looking at, I don't have the most current
issue.  But Section 2.5 of the SDI Roof Deck Specifications covers
Construction and Maintenance Loads, and gives the maximum spans relative to
type and gauge for a 200 pound concentrated load at midspan on a 1'-0" wide
section of deck.  It also states "If the designer contemplates loads of
greater magnitude, spans shall be decreased or the thickness of the steel
deck shall be increased as required."

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague