Re: Roof Deck Personnel loading

Been awhile since I have done any deck on bar joists, but I have always used 20 psf for the deck since that is the same live load requirement as a roof has.  I do not see why the metal deck for a floor would have any different construction live load requirement than a roof.

I am talking in the sense of prior to pouring the concrete.  The possible loading scenarios are endless though, but it would seem reasonable 2 guys are gonna get close at some point, so the 200 lb load is the usual governing case I think.  I can see where wide joist spacings may require higher loading than the ones that are 2' to 3' spacing.

Ron Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL