Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Residential design in the desert[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Residential design in the desert
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:27:41 EDT
Most houses are slab-on-grade.
Depending upon the city and location (near old wash hillside or areas of known subsurface collapsible soils ). The best thing to do is get the exact location of the structure , relate that to a thomas guide and call and talk to a local soils engineer.
Don't ever rely on architects knowledge of soils assume they have none. Which is usually true.
The soils engineer can give you a lot more accurate information. If your structure is in this area I can give you the names of three firms and numbers.
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Residential design in the desert
- Next by Subject: RE: Residential design in the desert
- Previous by thread: Re: Residential design in the desert
- Next by thread: RE: Residential design in the desert