From: Gary Hodgson & Associates [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 12:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Floor Loading on Plywood

Hi all,

I am involved in a job where motorized concrete buggies and scissor lifts
have to operate.  The
existing steel floor plate is not strong enough to resist the concentrated
loads without permanent
deformation.  The contractor wants to use plywood sheets (4' x 8') end to
end over the floor to move
the equipment.

Does anyone know of any design information on the behaviour of plywood
sheets under point loads?

thx,
Gary Hodgson, P.Eng.
Niagara Falls, ON