Concrete Tank Design Help

My question deals with the transfer of moment from the base of a tank wall
into the tank slab. I know that this connection can be assumed closer to
pinned of fixed depending on the reinforcement detailing.

But, if this connection is assumed close to fixed, what kind of
reinforcement is necessary to complete this transfer of moment into the
slab? I typically see 90d standard hooks used as dowels at the same spacing
as the vertical wall rebar... Is this tension development length provided by
the hook adequate for transfer? Or does the standard hook EF result in more
of a pinned connection since the length of rebar parallel with the bottom
slab rebar is very small?

Thank you in advanced for your help or any direction you can provide?   Mark
Seifried, EIT<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =