RE: Commercial Bldg. - Second Floor Loads

Office LL is 50 PSF, isn't it?

I believe 100 PSF LL is for exiting which has no partition loads involved.

I usually design for 100 PSF (w/o partition load) because it is greater than
50 PSF + 20 PSF. This way, there is an opportunity to remodel without
regards to where the exit corridor is. Then, of course I use the 10 PSF for
lateral design.

Soooo...my way would be 14 + 100 for the design of the floor framing. 14 +
10 for the mass in the seismic design.

Just my two cents.

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)