Re: Commercial Bldg. - Second Floor Loads

I believe most engineers would design for 80 psf live load + 20 psf Partition.  If you don't have partitions, than the floor has a live load of 100 psf.  If you have partitions, then the live load is 80 psf which is significantly above code minimums (50 psf for office buildings).   I believe alot of the low rise office buildings are designed for 80psf LL + 20 psf partition.

For joist design, you have to decide how to separate the loads depending on wheather you want the partition considered as part of the dead load or the live load.

Michael Cochran SE