From: DRPFLY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:DRPFLY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 4:57 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Commercial Bldg. - Second Floor Loads

Tim--

Do you think I should  design the trusses for full live, dead, AND partition
loads?
I don't understand the crack about " ethics".  I just want to design the
floor framing correctly.  That's why I'm asking for advice from engineers who
know more than I do about the subject.  Seems like there is more than one
school of thought out there on including partitions as a separate load that
may or may not be permanent and swapping LL values for partitions the UBC
regards as DL.  I don't think I'm the only one who is confused.   Too bad I'm
not as brilliant as you are.  You seem to know all the answers.
Have a nice day.

Denise Poeltler, P.E.
The Flying Buttress
Palm Desert, CA