Re: Commercial Bldg. - Second Floor Loads

Scott,
Now I realize why some thought I was a little thick.  I didn't realize
different codes address partition loads as live load as opposed to the UBC
using it as dead load.
BTW, some people were wondering about the 14 psf dead load on the floor.  The
architect is not specifying a ceiling material.  The studio is supposed to
have that "industrial look" with exposed ductwork, wires, fire sprinklers.
All the cameras and production work is on the ground floor.  Upstairs has
conference, accounting, sales, editing, stuff like that.
Thanks for clarifying the loads for me.  I really appreciate your help.  Your
response made the most sense.

Denise Poeltler, PE
The Flying Buttress
Palm Desert, CA