k for compression members of frames with sidesway

I am trying to justify using a lower k value than 1.5 for a frame subjected to sidesway.  The condition is a two column bent for conveyor trusses.  The columns are inclined round pipes with no intermediate bracing and a hammerhead on top for the trusses to connect to.  I am examining the capacity with wind moments perpendicular to the truss centerline.

Page 5-135 of the AISC 9th edition indicates that a design value of 1.5 for condition (f) would "generally be conservative".

The Canadian Institute of Steel Construction  - Handbook of Steel Construction 5th Edition Section 9.3.2 indicates "The effective length factor, K, shall be taken as 1.0 for compression members of frames (a) in which sway effects have been included in the analysis used to determine the moments and forces....."

I think this is saying that if I include P-delta effects in my analysis that I can use k=1.0 (please correct me if I am not interpreting this correctly).

What I would like to know is whether there might be similar wording somewhere in AISC.

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates