RE: IBC "Oops" (Was Residential Design Discussion)

Dennis,

Maybe I should say more talented than myself. I don't claim to be TY Lin
by any means, and the person on the seismology committee that I worked
with was a very smart man and a great engineer.

I'm sure others on the committee are smart guys (are their any gals?),
but I do wonder how many of them:
1) care about work outside their niche
2) have the ability to question their colleagues (some of whom have
large reputations and egos) and stand up for what is right
3) admit to their mistakes or oversights
4) are truly committed to what is best for all engineers rather than
their own firm's benefit
5) think designing a house or wood structure is all BS.

-gerard