Re: Steel Framing for Elevator Shaft

	Daryl,
		You say, "The new elevator will be hydraulically operated
and will transmit all of the vertical loading to the elevator pit floor,
whereas the existing elevator transmitted the vertical loads to the four
L6x6."
		Every elevator shaft I have built recently had emergency
stop vertical loads on the rails, which would presumably be attached to the
L6s. As Christopher Wright says, "You might want to think about getting an
elevator guy in real quick." And while elevator consultants may be very
good, it always seems that when the elevator vendor finally provides his
trade information, it is different from what has been previously thought.
	Jim Getaz
	Winchester, Virginia