RE: Blast Resistant Design

>I am designing a steel structure mounted on a
>ship. This may be subjected to, amongst other
>loads, blast loading. I do have a rough idea
>how to go about it. However, since I am doing
>it for the first time, I want make sure I am
>doing it right. Can any one give me brief design
>steps and some inportant conepts regarding blast

Chris Wright and Harold Sprague already gave excellent advice in response to
this request. I'll just add that there is a fairly good overview paper
available in the Proceedings of the 2001 SEI Conference: "Behavior of Steel
Structures Subjected to Blast Loading", by Rittenhouse, DiMaggio and
Ettouney. I presume ASCE will sell you a copy if you do not already have
these Proceedings.

Charlie