RE: IBC "Oops" (Was Residential Design Discussion)

Dennis,

And to further illustrate that California engineers don't control the
process, our good friend and wealth of information (including interesting
trips back to his steel worker days) Harold is the past chair of the BSSC
TS 13 and is still a member of that TS.  I do believe that he also worked
with the ASCE 7 Seismic Task group (and may still do so).  And amazingly
enough he is out of Kansas City, NOT California.

The other thing that has not been mentioned too much is that even _IF_ a
proposal gets past the BSSC TS and then past the PUC in the NEHRP process,
it must still get past the BSSC members, which are organizations like ACI,
AISC, SEAOC, SEAW, SDI, PCA, PCI, etc.  Thus, some things that appear to
be self-serving to a particular region in the country or particular
material have the potential to get knocked down at this point.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI