RE: IBC "Oops" (Was Residential Design Discussion)

Well, as an observation: It does look like I read Dennis right in his

If I, who am not at all familiar with the issues Dennis raises with regard
to engineering of light-frame wood structures in high-seismic areas, am
nevertheless able to figure out what he's talking about, I have to wonder
why it was not apparent to others as well.

No offense intended, please.