RE: Post-Tensioned Frame Analysis Software

Bill,

And you think learning a new piece of software will make it happen quicker?
With reliable results!

And if you only want to spend 1/10th of $4,800 then you will get much less
less than P/A + M/Z - probably more like P/Z + M/A.

Doing it "manually", can simply consist of using a 2D frame program (with
moving load analysis too, if really required) that you have experience with,
and inputting the equivalent loads as a load case to include the effects of
prestress - make sure you include the effects of change of eccentricity.
Depending if you are doing a fully or partially prestressed design will
depend on what serviceability checks you need to do (or how accurate you
need to do them), but for strength limit state that is simple enough, pretty
much the same mechanics as per RC.

P-T design should be no different from RC design when it all comes down to
it - just another method of reinforcement, an "active" one in this case.

Mark Geoghegan