Re: À Propos

In a message dated 9/30/2002 10:08:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net writes:

Once upon a time I was trying to understand how the ACI 318 code was intended to apply to residential foundations.  So being young I called ACI and asked my question.  The gentlemen in Skokie replied that the particular provision in question was certainly not applicable since the 318 code had been written only for BUILDINGS, not houses

Not that it is particularly pertinent to the discussion, but if you called someone in Skokie, you actually called PCA,  not ACI.  ACI is in Detroit.

ACI is a publishing house which happens to publish material that engineers working in concrete design have no choice but to buy.  This is probably a position many other publishing houses would like to be in.

It is not clear, at least now anyways, what PCA's function is.