RE: IBC "Oops" (Was Residential Design Discussion)

George,
Two comments:
1. Skokie is my home town and Portland Cement was located 1/2 block from
my high school on Old Orchard road between Old Orchard Shopping Center
and Harms Woods (the forest preserve that I spent many a great time
cross-country sking in the winter and snoozing during lunch break in the
spring and summer.
2. I'm quoting from a Dirty Harry Callahan movie (The Dead Pool I
believe) "Opinions are like As*ho*e's - everybody has one!"

George sometimes your are too deep even for me but I think there is a
moral in there someplace. Seriously, your professional opinion will not
get you out of legal trouble unless you have the insurance to back you.
I don't and most of the independent's that I know don't have it either.
Therefore the best advice is to lose the business by biding what it is
worth knowing that your client will find someone to do it for less that
is protected by E&O :>)

Regards,
Dennis

P.S. - for those who may not know, Old Orchard was the first open
(outdoor) shopping center that has overgrown but has one of the nicest
Barns and Noble of any shopping center I've been to. Unfortunately, you
can't find a parking place. The whole area has changed a lot since I was
a kid and my mother and "chosen sister" still live in Skokie. We moved
there in 1954 when it was still, for the most part, farmland and swamps.