Re: Concrete floor overlay using rigid foam to save weight

I have been using the High Load 60 psi foam to elevate slabs for 10+
years. I also use it in schools where ADA ramps are needed. To date no
one has reported any problem.

I use a 3 to 4" slab reinforced with WWF 6x6-W2.9xW2.9. For large areas
I place a vertical 6" stiffening rib at 10'-0 oc each way with minimum
reinforcing.

in my opinion, it is a cost effective solution.
--
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA AEI
a practical architectural engineer